Saturday, October 17, 2009

Walmart Prayer

Not trying to be blasphemous. I think God has a sense of humor; look around. So, I'm taking some liberties.

Dear God,

Help me please! I have to go out to Walmart to send Mr. some $$$ today. I pray that I'll get a good parking space. I pray that I won't get run over in the parking lot. I pray that not everyone that lives in this city will be there. I pray that La Nina Loca is on her best behavior (which is a loose term in itself). I pray that I won't cuss anyone out in my head or for reals. I pray that I won't see anyone I know because I'm not going to wear makeup or fix my hair. I pray that the WM employees are semi nice to me. I pray that it gets a little warmer outside and could you throw in some sunshine for about an hour? Oh, and I pray that anything I need to buy is on sale.
Please consider my prayer--it comes from the heart.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. this is every mother's prayer. need to get this prayer cross stitched, matted, and framed. and i bet wal mart would sell it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How eloquently stated! Except for a few minor details, this is why I do NOT go to Wal-mart unless necessary. If necessary, I've even drive to WM in Shelbyville b/c it takes less time to navigate the aisles, the registers, and the parking lot. I actually get home sooner than going to EITHER of ours! I'd rather go to Target, Kroger, AND Walgreens than make one trip to WM.

    God can't resent your prayer to avoid experiences like hell on earth, which this can be.

    ReplyDelete