Thursday, December 31, 2009

Muse Girl's Favorite Things and World Peace Promo


***Breaking News***Check in with muse girl on New Year’s Day to read her top 5 list for promoting World Peace! And as a special bonus feature, she will be listing (in the style of Julie Andrew’s from The Sound of Music) 10 of her most favorite things!! You won’t be disappointed!!!You’ll certainly find me there… Cheers!
Posted by blither blather




I recently challenged Blither Blather Blogger to find the positive side of 10 things that I KNEW would be hard for even her. I issued the challenge as a way to reconcile with her new found optimism that was chapping my ass but hard! pause for quote:
The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum.
Havelock EllisEnglish sexual psychologist (1859 - 1939)

So, she issued her own challenge of sorts to me. I spent hours rising to the occasion. So, here are my favorite things in Julie Andrew's fashion:

Paint drops on canvas and chocolate on ice cream
Little girl giggles and a winning soccer team
Bright silver bracelets and 2 shiny rings

These are a few of my favorite things.

Warm comfy jammies and slow sexy tunes

Kisses and crisp sheets and long lazy afternoons

Dragonflies that dance with the sun on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things.

Toes in white sandals with petal pink sheen

Candy that melts in my mouth at Halloween

Roaring log fires that pop, hiss, and sing

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the child cries, when the husband scolds, when I'm feeling

tense

I simply remember my favorite things

and then I don't feel so pissed.
Top 5 ways to Promote World Peace as suggested by Muse Girl:
1. Everyone in the US embraces imported beer. It is more satisfying than domestic. Satisfaction=happiness=peaceful
2. Hour long lunches followed by 30 minute naps on a daily basis.
Sated and well-rested people=peaceful people
3. Madatory Mood Stablizing pills for the entire population.
High and happy=peaceful
4. Free weekly massage therapy for everyone who wants it!
relaxed=peaceful
5. F-bomb comes off the curse word naughty list and is accepted in mainstream society as an acceptable release of anger/frustration.
unrestrained=peaceful
Happy F'ing New Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Simply Brilliant! You put Julie Andrews to shame!!! This is the reason that you are 2009 BLOG OF THE YEAR!!!

    STANDING OVATION!!!
    ROAR OF CHEERING CROWDS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB! But you know there's room at the very top for more than just little ole me!!!!! It was fucking hard, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quotation at the top! I so get it! You are a creative beast!!! Very impressive muse girl!

    ReplyDelete